Saturday, June 14, 2008

Not To Be a Downer, But...

...I saw a dead guy last night. I was in a taxi, so I didn't get a good look (though a much better look than I wanted to get) but from what I saw a dump truck ran over a biker/scooterer. I don't think it happened much before I got there, since the cops hadn't taped the area off yet (do they even do that here?) and the body was uncovered. I'm assuming the guy is dead since there was nobody helping him, and he had only half a leg.

I checked the local (English) papers today and there's not a word about it. I'm not sure if that's more a comment on how big the city is and how many people die every day or just how much other news there is, but that's something that would definitely get coverage back in other (admittedly much smaller) cities that I've lived in.

R.I.P. Biker on Hengshan Road

No comments: